Monday, August 26, 2013

Simple Fathers Day Photo Project


This Fathers Day idea has been floating around Pinterest for a while.  I really like the simplicity of it, yet its really effective.  I don't think it matters how many children you have, you can just get creative.  5 children spell Daddy.  With 2 children you can take single pictures of them each with a D, and both of them together with the A.  Four children you can do Dad and the last child holding a big love heart.  One child can do a photo with each letter.  Its endless and easy!

Decide which way you are going to take each photo.  For our 3 photos, most frames are either portrait OR landscape, not a mix of both.   I started taking a mix of both before realising I had to be more consistent.  And take a heap of each child so you can match them together at similar distances, depth and hopefully exposures.  I am totally no expert though remember, I just found I had some photos that didn't match and taking heaps of each child really helped with picking similar photos.




The kids really enjoyed their mini photo shoots.

And I love the finished product.  I am sure the hubby will too.

2 comments:

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Awesome idea! Great job.
I'm doing a similar ish thing..

Leonie said...

This is awesome - love it Julie!