Monday, October 22, 2012

White Velvet Funfetti Cake


I've been trawling the recipes on Baking Makes Things Better again.  Its just all so yummy and tempting.  Decided on the White Velvet Funfetti Cake today, as need to get more oven practice in before the Christmas Cake bake on Thursday.  Plus it looked like a fun cake for the kids lunchboxes.  I used green and blue dinosaur sprinkles, the kids supervised the icing process (read into that there - they ate more icing from the bowl than probably what went on the cake) and they liked the thought of eating the wee sprinkle dinsosaurs in each piece.


Unfortunately my oven has a vendetta out against me.  True story.  Apart from the fact it was made for a family of Smurfs (teeny tiny and wee), it cooks stupidly uneven.  My cakes today were overcooked in all aspects, apart from the saucer size raw patch on the top of each one ... I watched them closely, but that middle patch just didn't want to cook. 

I need to suss this oven before Thursday!  Its D Day for the huge bowl of dried fruit I have soaking in lashes of Brandy.

No comments: