Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Weetbix and Cranberry Slice


I've been baking galore this week.  I should be packing, as we are shifting next weekend.  I love packing and cleaning.  Said no-one.  Ever.  I would rather be baking.

I also have my 18 year old nephew staying this week, and like most teenagers, this kid can eat.  So I have filled my cupboards with baking in the hope we can fill his bottomless pit.  This slice never lasts that long around here and is easy to chuck together in a hurry.


125g butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup dried cranberries
5 Weetbix, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm pan.

In a medium sized bowl, place butter, sugars and golden syrup and microwave on medium for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.  Cool.

Combine flour, baking powder, coconut, sultanas, dried cranberries and Weetbix in a large bowl.  Make a well in the centre and stir in the cooled butter mixture and beaten egg.  Mix well.

Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.  Cut into bars while still warm.



No comments: