Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Week Condensed

Its been busy this week.  I have been meaning to individually blog about lots of things, but ran out of time and here we are.  Its all going into one post.  As I type this my Christmas Cake is doing its 4 hour cook in the oven.  I love it that Christmas is just around the corner.  My favourite time of year.

I got my first batch of Strawberry Jam made.  I try to make as much jam over the beginning of the summer period to keep us going for the rest of the year.  I followed the method I blogged about here.


 I also finally made my Christmas Mince - one of the Alison Holst recipes. 



Had some special moments with the kids, and caught my boys snuggling on the couch in a rare moment of affection with each other.  Nawww.


There has been lots of baking this week, none of it photographed, and all of it eaten quickly.
  • Cream Cheese Strawberry Muffins
  • Date and Yoghurt Muffins
  • Malteaser Chocolate Sponge Cake
  • Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies

A few trips to the op shop of which I found this lovely sheet and some purple poplin material, both for $3


There were two trips to Spotlight.  One for patterns and one for materials to make christmas decorations for the Kiwi Christmas Ornament swap.  More on this one later.

And there has been alot of sanding and paint priming for two upcoming projects, one for the boys and one for The Girl.

I sent out the hubby today for much needed break alone.  He is so tired and desperately needs a break away from the business to recharge and energise.  Today is his mini-break and I hope he is enjoying it.  Its good to remember that even though our husbands may leave us everyday to go to work (going to work is not a break!!), that they too need time out to relax away from work responsbilities and sometimes family as well.  He'll come back this afternoon hopefully a bit more relaxed from his time away.

2 comments:

Cat said...

wowzers you are organised
I have got my Christmas mince stewing in booze and most of my presents made but wow jam even
Love that your so organised

Julie - Slice in the Life of Julie said...

I think it comes with being a total Christmas freak. Its my favourite time of year. I stewed my Christmas Cake fruit in booze for about 3 weeks. Might be an adult only cake this year haha.