Got an army to feed? Tribe of endlessly hungry children? This batch of biscuits makes between 80 - 120 biscuits, depending on the size you make them.
I have tried about 3 different large batch biscuit recipes and this one is by the far the nicest. And there are so many different flavour options, its endless!
1 cup of sugar
1 tin of condensed milk
5 cups of self raising flour
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a big bowl, cream together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in condensed milk. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
I usually seperate mine into four parts to get four different flavours. Once you have added your flavours bake for 10 - 15 mintues until cooked and slightly golden.
Flavour ideas (they really are endless):
- Break up a king size bar Caramello chocolate (or other favourite) and wrap pieces of chocolate in dough
- Chocolate chips
- Jam drops
- Hundreds and thousands
- Nuts and raisins
- Mini M & Ms
- Macadamia and White Chocolate
- From Baking Makes Things Better - Raspberry Liquorice logs, pistachios and white chocolate - see their link here
- For Easter you could wrap the dough around mini Creme Eggs
- Lemon and White Chocolate (add lemon essense or lemon rind)
- Chocolate and Ginger
- Oat and Chocolate Chip
- Cranberry and Chocolate
- Cinnamon Cranberry
- Coconut and Dried Fruit
This pile has already been attacked by my children! Hmmm, how unclean does that stove top look?...