Thursday, March 1, 2012

Op-Shopping - Tea Cups


Ohhh look at these beauties I picked up today.  For the past few years I have wanted to start collecting beautiful tea-cups and saucers, and today I have started! 

The pink one I have been eyeing up for a few weeks.  It is irresistable.  I decided today if it was still there when I went in it was meant to be mine.  Obviously it was!  Its Delphine Bone China, made in England and has a hand painted number on the bottom - 5376.  (I have no idea what any of that means, I have much to learn I think!)

The second one I brought on a bit of whim, as I thought it was extremely pretty.  This is Royal Albert, from the Friendship series.


As I uploaded this picture I realised this was a picture of the back of the cup, so here is the front as well:


Both of these sets are in beautiful condition.  And I am going to use them!  Nothing better than a cup of tea in a pretty bone china cup.  Ohhh I love the start of a new obsession.



No comments: