Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Dream Holiday

Things have been a bit quiet on here lately.  That's because the hubby and I have been sunning it in Thailand together.  We get away alone with each other once a year, with every second year being an overseas holiday.  It was one of the best holidays we've had together yet!



Totally child free.  We enjoyed our together time, no pressures or interruptions, finding 'us' again outside of the seriousness of running a business, child rearing and everyday life.



Can I be honest though.  I missed my children crazy, crazy bad.  It was hard to leave them and I had a few moments where I wanted to get on the next plane home just so I could cuddle them.  I only cried a little bit once ...



Missing the children aside (they, by the way, were having the time of their lives with Grandma and not missing us one bit), it was just one massive, exciting adventure where we crammed as much in as we possibly could.  Active relaxers we are - there'll be no lounging around in front of the pool drinking cocktails for us - we might miss out on something cool!


Back home, revived and renewed, to real life, beautiful children, business and building and fostering our lives together.  Lucky just doesn't really cover it.


1 comment:

Leonie said...

Wow wow wow - lucky you! what bliss and fun. Hope you are ready for the year ahead :)