Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yoghurt Sesame Bread

I am back to making my own bread and yoghurt again in an effort to cut down on the preservatives, additives, salt and all the rest of the bad stuff that is found hidden in our store brought food.  Store brought muesli bars, which I was buying as treats for the kids, are a total no go now as well.  I've been making my own Granola Bars (the recipe for these are here - I add LSA and seeds to mine), as well as baking all the kids biscuits and other snacks.  So there are now no longer any prepackaged snacks to be found in our cupboard!

One of the breads I make, for a change from our wholemeal loafs, is a Yoghurt Sesame Bread.  The yoghurt is meant to be a plain, probably unsweetened, yoghurt but I use the Easi Yo Greek Coconut yoghurt in mine, and it tastes great.  The bread is a bit on the sweeter side than normal, and uses only white flour, so its an every now and then treat!  The texture of the bread is slightly denser than a normal loaf, but its a beautiful texture and not at all dry.

The following recipe I use in my Panasonic Breadmaker.  Its an extra large loaf and I cook it on a Basic White option.

3 teaspoons Surebake Yeast
600g White flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 cup plain yoghurt (or Easi Yo Greek Coconut for something extra special)
200 ml water
50 ml milk

Add all ingredients into your breadmaker in the order shown, and follow your breadmakers instructions to make an extra large basic white loaf.


1 comment:

Miriam said...

yum it looks delish! Our cupboards and lunch boxes are pretty much homemade too - except crackers they just seem like way too much work for me