Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Never thought I would get inpsired to create something while mowing my lawns!! But there I was, mowing across all the dead Camillias on the lawn and they looked so pretty (before I mulched them) that it gave me inspiration to finally give creating a satin flower a go.
It was so easy!! I didn't follow a tutorial as reading through one months ago I realised just how simple they are. All I did was cut out 6 circles out of satin in decreasing sizes. Using a candle, I curled the edges of each circle. This was easier than I thought it would be - I imagined catching lots of these on fire but it didn't happen. Phew.
Then popped them all on top of each other and sewed them together using a bead. Easy. I am definately going to make more of these, they are stunning and REALLY easy.
We are going out for dinner tonight so I made a simple headband for The Girl. I must progress past a simple piece of elastic and find myself something a bit nicer to use, but for now this will do! Cute.