Friday, July 29, 2011

Milo Cookies



On my hunt for some different child friendly cookies I read in a few places that Milo Biscuits were a kiwi tradition?  I have never had one, and never heard of them before (and I that sheltered haha?), so naturally had to give them a go for my boys. 

Gooey, malty goodness.  They are definately on the list for making again.

125g butter
100g white sugar
110g brown sugar
1 egg
3ml vanilla essence
250g self raising flour
55g milo
1/2 cup chocolate drops

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.  Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.

Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.  Sift into wet mixture the flour and milo.  Fold together with the chocolate drops.

Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on a lined oven tray.  Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until lightly golden.

No comments: