So, what I used was: paper mache letters, paint, co-ordinating scrapbooking paper, embellishments, ruler, pencil, paint brush, craft knife, adhesive spray glue and some 3M adhesive strips.
First off, before painting the letters I outlined the letter on the wrong side of the paper, ready for cutting out. Don't forget, if needed, to draw your letters back to front, so when cutting out they are the right way around. None of mine needed to be drawn this way, but being a bit blonde when it comes to stuff like this, I drew them back to front anyway. Of course it made no difference ... hmmm.
Then I painted my letters. I left one side unpainted (side where the paper is going), except for a small border, and gave the letters a couple of coats of paint. Below is the back of the letters.
And this is the front:
Then I cut the letters out of the scrap book paper, sprayed with adhesive glue and stuck them on. Easy peasy.
Decided they didn't need much embellishing as the paper is pretty awesome, so put a couple of butterflies and a crystal flower on them, attached the 3M strips and popped them on the wall. They look great and were really easy!
So with her letters, butterflies and new mobile I made, her bedroom is starting to look nice a girly.