Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Day in the Life of a Clothes Obsessed 2 Year Old

The Girl, at 2 and a half, is totally obsessed with changing her clothes as much as possible throughout the day.  I am sure I am not the only mother of a 2 or 3 year old girl (oh gosh, at what age does this actually end?) who is constantly being surprised by random outfit changes, putting clothes back in drawers, following clothing trails through the house and having overflowing washing baskets of semi clean clothes.  

I decided to photo stalk her today to see just how many different outfits she changed into.  I missed the first two changes as it was much to early in the morning for me to be using a camera.  But she came out first in the below dress.

She was upstairs with Dad for a bit, and obviously got into my shoes ... she discarded the dress and shoes for her green ballerina outfit.  Which was dumped not long after.  Check out the clothing chaos! 


She then quickly went through three outfit changes - this was all before 9.30am ...


She lasted in the yellow skirt and Dora top until about 1pm, where she changed into this dress.


She was soon heading back up to her bedroom and I chased her with the camera, to find her doing this .. (she may of been hamming it up just for me - funny regardless)


Thankfully she decided the pants were better off her head and where they should be.


Tada!  And of course I soon found her changed and semi naked yet again ...


The rest of the afternoon went something like this ...


She ate dinner in her bug suit, and happily popped on her pajamas after her bath and quickly sunk into a deep sleep.  Obviously exhausted from her 11 clothing changes of the day!!  

Secretly I love seeing her express herself through her clothing choices and having fun seeing what she can put together.  I often take her out in some rather interesting looking outfits.  The hubby has asked me a few times if I am seriously going out with her dressed like that.  Of course!  She is happy in her choice so why not.  

Hopefully she'll wear out of this by the time she is a teenager... what are my chances?

1 comment:

Leonie said...

ahh yes, girls and clothes! starts so early and would be twice as fun if it weren't for the mess!